Tuition and Fees
How to Apply
Current Course Offerings
Program Delivery Location: Merritt
Start Dates: September
• High school graduation or mature student status, with a minimum English 10 or equivalent, and Math 10 or equivalent.
• Standard First Aid Certification with CPR level "C"
• BC Food Safe Certificate Level 1
• Proof of a negative TB skin test. In case of a positive TB skin test, a negative TB chest x-ray report is required.
• Solicitor General Criminal Record Search that reveals the absence of a criminal record
• Updated immunizations – measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria, hepatitis B, and current influenza vaccination.
*HCA program applicants who have not been educated in an English-speaking environment (a country with English language systems/institutions) are required to meet English language requirements as outlined by the BC Care Aide Registry:
Prior Learning Assessment
Prior Learning Assessment is available for many courses within the Health Care Assistant Program. Please contact the Academic Planner for further information.
• Ability to work under direction and to act with initiative as a member of the health care team
• A genuine concern for the well-being of others
• Patience and perseverance
• Flexibility, trustworthiness, and dependability
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
• High standard of personal hygiene and grooming
• Ability to use problem-solving approach
• Physical stamina
• No sensitivity or allergy to latex
• Ability to work in environments where standards may be different from one’s own