BIOL 120 - Human Anatomy and Physiology - 4.00 Credits
Students will learn common health terminology, anatomy, and physiology of the following body systems: integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, immune, respiratory, digestive, and urinary.
Prerequisites: BIOL 060 , or Biology 12.
COST – BIOLOGY 120 Human Anatomy & Physiology for Practical Nurses
236.25 (plus applicable shipping)
* Fees are subject to revisions by the NVIT Board each year. New Online Fee implemented as of September 1, 2015.
Next Online Intake: TBA
Next On-Campus Delivery: September 6, 2016
When applying for BIOL 120, please select
Unclassified Program on Apply BC (online)
Programs for Category: NVIT program
HTCA 116 - Introduction to Health Care Assistant Practice - 1.00 Credit
This course provides an introduction to the role of the Home Care Attendant within the British Columbia health care system. Students will be introduced to the healthcare team and the roles and functions of HCA within the team. Students will also have opportunities to develop self-reflective skills required for competent practice and will be introduced to effective job-seeking approaches.
After you have filled out your NVIT application (see APPLY NOW button on homepage), we require the following to indicate you meet the admission requirements to proceed with your application:
1. Proof of healthcare/medical education certification
o For internationally educated students, this will require an assessment from the International Credential Evaluation Service. Please contact the ICES through their website http://www.bcit.ca/ices/ for information on fees and evaluation processes
§ Please note that ICES Evaluations must come directly to NVIT from ICES. We will only accept the original, official evaluation from ICES. Photocopies and PDF’s will no longer be accepted.
2. English Language Requirement
1. Two years of full-time study at grade 8 or higher level with English as the language of instruction. Studies that are part of an English as a Second Language program cannot be used toward fulfilling this option; or
2. Successful completion of BC English 11 (or equivalent acceptable to NVIT) with a minimum grade of C+; or
3. Successful completion of a university transferable post-secondary level English course with a minimum grade of C; or
4. A minimum score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test with a minimum essay score of 4.0; or
5. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL test and a minimum TWE (Test of Written English) score of 4.0; or
6. A minimum score of 4 on the LPI (Language Proficiency Index) within the past 2 years; or
7. A minimum score of 6.0 on each of the academic listening, reading, writing, and speaking modules of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam.
(Please visit our website for current English Language Requirement Policies: http://nvit.ca/internationalstudents.htm)
3. Proof of study permit (if international)
4. Proof of landed immigrant status (if landed immigrant)
As soon as we receive the above requirements, your application will be processed and we will contact you.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2015
Canadian Citizen/Landed Immigrant (Permanent Resident): $80.77
Technology Fee: $100.00*
Book: estimated at $125 - $130
*Technology Fee is added to tuition as per the NVIT Board revisions. All courses starting September 1, 2015 or later will require this additional fee.
Next Intake: August 15, 2016
When applying for HTCA 116, please select Unclassified Program on Apply BC (online) under
Programs for Category: NVIT programs