C.3.15 Institute Fees, Senior Citizens
Approved/revised: December 2, 2011
Nicola Valley Institute of Technology shall waive tuition fees, for courses taken by Senior Citizens, subject to the following conditions:
1. This waiver is not applicable to tuition for Community Education or Continuing Studies courses.
2. The waiver applies only to the tuition fees for the course; any other expenses necessary for participation in the course such as books, supplies, Student Society fees, lab fees, UPASS BC fees, theatre tickets, equipment rental, etc., must be paid by the student.
3. Students must identify themselves as Senior Citizen to Registration Office staff if they wish to be considered for this waiver.
4. As a minimum number of tuition-paying students are required in each course to enable it to be offered, the Institute reserves the right to limit the number of Senior Citizens admitted to a course under this policy and/or to apply the regular course fees in high cost courses.
5. Registration priority will be given to tuition-paying students. Senior Citizens may register for any available seats no sooner than the day before the class starts.
6. All refunds are subject to the Refund of Fees Policy - C.3.12.
For the purpose of this policy, a Senior Citizen is described as anyone 60 years of age and older.