C.3.14 Tuition Fees, Continuing Employees
Approved/revised: April 14, 2004
All full-time Continuing employees are eligible to register and enrol in any one (1) Institute credit course per semester without payment of the course tuition fees, subject to the following conditions.
1. This waiver applies only to the actual tuition fees for the course. Any other expenses necessary for participation in the course such as books, supplies, Student Society fees, lab fees, theatre, equipment rental, etc. must be paid by the employee.
2. Employees must register with the Institute Registration Office, be issued a student number and be identified as an Institute employee.
3. If the course offered is scheduled at a time which conflicts with the employee’s regular work hours, enrolment must be authorized by his/her immediate supervisor in consultation with the Institute Administration. The supervisor will use as a criterion for permission that the course requested be of direct benefit to the employees and the Institute in terms of career growth.
4. As a minimum number of full fee-paying students are required in each course to enable it to be offered, the Institute reserves the right to limit the number of Institute employees in any given course.
5. The Institute also reserves the right to limit the total number of employees enrolled in credit courses throughout the Institute at any one time and limit the number of courses an employee can take per semester.
6. Some courses may not be available for fee waiver.
7. Registration priority will be given to full fee-paying students. Institute employees may register for any available seats no sooner than the day before the class starts.